Skip to main content

Google TV Ad Update #3

The backend of Google Adwords was having some real trouble yesterday. It was hard for me to manage anything. But last night, everything looked ok. I was just waiting to hear back on my ad. I had bids in for ads to run this morning.

So when I checked the backend this morning to see if anything happened, I found out that my ad had not yet been approved. On the bright side, I am down to one pending approval instead of 2.

This ad is currently pending the basic quality check. This step may take up to 24 hours.


So, the one lesson I have gleaned from all this, don't be in a hurry. The TV ad process with Google is not like search adwords, where you can get up and running and live within seconds. However, since the TV ads is part of adwords and has roughly the same interface, I guess that is what I was expecting. But it seems like there are multiple approvals that have to take place and none of them happen in under 24 hours.

One other thing of note, the estimates for impressions and spots continually changes. Don't get too hung up on numbers, because they will be different the next time you look at them.

Comments

Tony Rossell said…
Matt -- Thanks for sharing your experiences with Google TV. Very informative. I will stay tuned to see how it all turns out. Tony

Popular posts from this blog

10 Thoughts on #ASAE10

Ok, so I could have spelled out the title, but chose the hashtag - #asae10. Supposedly there were over 8,000 tweets with the hashtag, but probably countless more direct messages of messages that left out the hashtag but were conference related. Two years ago, we were using twitter as a backchannel to talk about speakers. Now, over 800 people sent conference related tweets. If you aren't on Twitter, you are already late to the party. Anyway, on with the post... In no particular order, my thoughts on this years ASAE Annual Conference: 1. LA was a good venue. Lots to do. Hotels close by. Only downside was the rooms were a bit of a hike. 2. I missed Sunday because of family obligations. That really put me behind the 8 ball. Since I led a session, that meant I only got to go to 3 true sessions. Sorry, I don't count Joy Behar and the closing session. Although Marshall Goldsmith was good, I probably wouldn't have gone to see that speech as a Learning Lab. 3. Based on #...

The Whole Cook Source Flap

I am going to give my 2 cents on this whole Cook Source thing. If you don't know what I am talking about, you can read more here and here . I am sure a few folks are going to take umbrage with my stance, but that is bound to happen. So a magazine found a blog post, liked it, printed it while giving credit to the author. The author hears about it, and gets pissed? She wants printed apologies and a donation made, because she got published? What am I missing here? Who wouldn't want their stuff to be published while being credited? Isn't that one of the main tenants of blogging, to be linked to? Sure, the response from the editor was one of the dumbest things ever written and she handled it tremendously bad. However, I am just floored that this person is pissed off. True, the internet is not public domain. However, every college paper in the world has citations. And all those students didn't contact the author to make sure they can use it. And every blog post ...

Generational Issues

The latest Acronym post about Generational Issues got me thinking. I thought about writing a comment, but figured this deserved its own post. I am going to take the contrarian route, maybe spark some discussion. Feel free to tell me I am wrong, or maybe agree with me (as everyone should). Aren't we making too big a deal about the generational differences? Don't things evolve with the times? As staff turns over and new ideas are introduced, don't they inherently reflect the attitudes and ideas of their particular group? I know that you want to be proactive and you have to have a plan for the future to make sure you are still viable, but will you really need to change your entire business model? I know that there will be some extreme cases where that will be true as certain products become obsolete, but in most cases it won't. It is nice to generalize and stereotypes exist for a reason. But not every group is going to change how they do business just because Gen X differ...